Catalogs are a professional way to organize your material on multiple pages. They allow more space for your print, thus enabling you to create upscale, organized presentations that make excellent Retail Catalogs, Artist Portfolios, Training Manuals and more. We offer multiple sizes and paper stock for your Booklet project.
Popular Uses & Ideas
Cover paper (all inside pages are budget matte)
Pages (each double-sided sheet = 2 pages)
Tell your story in full detail with custom catalog printing.
Custom booklets are a resourceful way to provide essential details about your business in a compact format. Booklet printing is an effective marketing medium if you’re looking to create a product catalog, instruction guide, training manuals or even a storybook. The stapled binding makes them sturdy enough to hand out at events or pack them with giveaways. Plus, you get to choose the booklet cover stock and the number of pages that best suits your project.
Start designing by uploading your own PDF, or download our Photoshop or Illustrator template to guide you through the design process. You may also read our instructions below on how to make a booklet or download our PDF guide for key guidelines and specifications to create a successful booklet print.
File Format, Layout & Catalog Cover Guidelines
For a successful print, we recommend following these specifications.
- Format: Your file must be in PDF format, with no password protection.
- Layout: Make sure that the file comes in single pages, arranged in correct reading order. Your upload must contain all pages, including four cover pages.
- Blank pages: If you want the inside of the cover pages to be blank, make sure to include blank pages in your PDF file.
Design & Layout Tips for your Booklet
To ensure a polished, high-quality print check out these tips.
Booklets are printed in CMYK. Images in RGB or PANTONE colors will automatically be converted.
300dpi is the required resolution for booklets. Lower resolution files will affect the quality of the final print.
Include a bleed of 1/8” (0.125 in) on every side of every page to avoid white margins. The bleed threshold is ±0.25, anything beyond may keep the file from uploading.
Content should be placed at least 1/2” (0.5 in) from the margin. Missing the correct safety margin, your text may be too close to the edge or binding. It can also end up in the bleed, causing it to get cut off.
Custom Catalog Cover Options
Choose the right cover stock for your catalog from the following options.
- Budget matte (9.5pt): 80lb silk coated cover stock. Best for simple and text based designs.
- Premium matte (11pt): 100lb silk coated cover stock. Best for bold designs that use subdued colors.
- Budget glossy (9.5pt): 80lb glossy cover stock. Best for colorful designs.
- Premium glossy (11pt): 100lb glossy cover. Best for photos and brightly colored designs.
- Inside pages: All inside pages come in 80lb, 9.5pt silk coated paper.